Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Meet My Hog: Irma!

Today is nothing about fiber. At least that is the plan. I thought that it would be fun to introduce you to Irma.
Irma is one of the loves of my life, and yet relatively new to me.
 Isn't she pretty? Irma is a black (with sparkly blue flecks in the sun) 2011 Kymco Like 50.

 She seats 2 comfortably (in other words, she a sizable girl) with a ton of storage (back container, front console and under the seat) and has a top speed of oh.. 27 or 28mph? She's a speed demon!

I've put nearly 250 miles on her since I got her in October. She was a surprise gift from my wonderful husband.

Why a scooter? I just love the look and the freedom! I have a shiny black helmet and plan on getting some aviator goggles to complete the bad a** outfit. Living in the south means it's possible to ride her year round (wearing knits of course) and my town is small enough to be easy for me to hop on Irma and scoot over to the post office, or to the grocery store, and back home.
Irma has also been incredibly therapeutic for me, I've gained a lot of confidence riding her about on the road. I've always been a scatterbrain (I prefer "quirky") and have always been less than secure with the idea of driving a car. It's strange that I have less security on a scooter, but feel a million times more free. I know I have to get over the whole car thing, but if I could get a 200 vintage Vespa and ride that for the rest of my life, I'd be a happy girl. It's just so fun, and I think life should be fun, don't you?
Plus, being the quirky scooter girl works for me. That is how the post office knows me, and it gives me a secret smile whenever they tell me to "ride safe!" because it was such a huge step for me to do something out of my comfort zone and I'm proud that I did.

How have you conquered a fear?

1 comment:

  1. i was thinking 'what does a pig have to do with spinning' then i went 'oh oh.ohhhh yeah'

    lovely post! shes definitly an awesome way to get around!
    kira

    ReplyDelete