Saturday, December 18, 2010

Boxing Day Sale! (My Canadian roots are showing)

My darling husband was a tad concerned over why I was excited about him leaving for the evening to play poker, until he saw me put a bunch of fiber on to soak. Corriedale in this instance.
Hmm... why would Gnomey be dyeing a bunch of Corriedale you ask? (Or didn't, but I'm going to pretend you did.)

In Canada we have an awesome shopping day on the 26th of December called Boxing Day. I have no clue how it started, but its always been the day Canadians go out en masse and spend all their Holiday money and gift cards. Malls are a disaster with line-ups galore as heavy coat wearing Canucks go and spend their gift cards and holiday cash on items they didn't receive on their holidays... and the retailers put on amazing sales and door crashers to entice.
I'm Canadian by birth, raised and lived in Vancouver for 25 years until I went a bit crazy and decided to move to Kingston Ontario to try out someplace new. (Cold, ugh, not my cup of tea. Although I did meet one of my best friends there, so it was worth the cold.) I loved Ottawa with a passion. Ice skating on the Rideau Canal while eating frozen maple syrup and beaver tails with my friend Sheila will forever go down in my top life memories.

Whoops, tangent. I'm going to have a Boxing Day sale! I can't do a Black Friday sale and not honour my roots without Boxing Day afterall.

I'll give more info as I work like a busy bee this week to get items ready to stock in to the store but I hope some of you will take a look on the 26th to see what items you can treat yourself with. Any nationality is allowed of course! No heavy coat or hoard of fellow shoppers to fend through either

No comments:

Post a Comment