Friday, March 11, 2011

Wonderful Friends and a Canadian Candy Name Lesson

How is everyone doing lately? Has spring come to your neck of the woods, or are you still bombarded with snow?
Without a doubt spring has arrived to the area of North Carolina in which I live. Rain and sunshine, but also emerging green grass and lovely blossoms opening on trees. This is definitely one of my favorite times of the year.
Getting healthy is going well. I'm doing good with going to the gym for 2 hours a day (except Sunday) but struggling a bit with the food aspect still. I have no clue why my stomach turns into a ravenous beast as soon as the sun goes down, but I'm going to have to learn how to tame it. I have yet to lose a single pound, despite going for 7 days, 2 hours a day, so far.

This week has been wonderful in the parcel department! Kira of Wired Galaxy had a contest on her website and I won! Unfortunately I won earrings, which I don't wear. I thanked her, but told her to hold on to them or to send them to someone else. Instead she went out of her way to make me 2. (yes, TWO!) awesome bracelets instead!
If that looks like a Polaroid to you, you're not going insane. I'm having fun with camera phone apps that create cool vintage looking photos. (Feel free to click on the photos to see them much larger.)
Check out my sexy scooter with the same effect!

And with her rain jacket on while at the YMCA the other day.

Yes. Those are indeed garbage bags, but they work great! See how Camera FX (the app I use, which is free on the android market) can turn anything into a cool vintage shot? There are other things you can do as well, but the Polaroid is my favorite. 
See?
It looks like a YMCA from the 50's! (Instead of the one I go to everyday lol)

Righto. I may have gotten a bit off track. Remember the pretty bracelets I posted a few pictures ago? I love them! Thank-you so much Kira. The copper one on the left is a super cool every day sort of bracelet, while the gold on the right is my "I'm feeling saucy" sort of bracelet. 

Today I also received a sweet gift from a very classy Faye of The Silver Pumpkin sock bag goodness. I'm in love with her sachets because they leave a lovely lavender scent in my fiber containers, and on my braids/yarn/batts. It's very faint so as not to create any allergy issues, but enough that my containers smell delicious. 
Well, she sent me more! Yay!
Thank-you Faye! I've already put these to good use in my other containers. The rocket candy you included have also been well appreciated.
They also started a bit of a Canada/US discussion when it comes to candies.

See... In Canada those are called Rockets. In the US they're called Smarties. (Despite saying they're made in Canada on the label, which G tried to trip me up with.) Now any good Canadian knows that these delicious treats (which are far superior to M&M's I should add) are the true Smarties candy:
So when I hear Smarties I instantly think "Mmm chocolately deliciousness" and when I hear Rockets I think "Wooo sugar high tablets!"

Both are delicious. But Smarties have a candy shell and contain creamy chocolate.... and you have to eat the red ones last. Rockets get you high on sugar. 

Silly Americans! (Or silly Canadians, depending on which end of the candy discussion you're on.)
See? Rockets!

I declare this candy name war to be over. Smarties= chocolate. Rockets= hard candy


No comments:

Post a Comment